1) Cerra FB, Raza ST, Andres GA, Siegel JH. Structural injury produced by pulsatile perfusion versus cold storage renal preservation. Surgical Forum 26:313, 1975.
2) Upson JF and Raza ST. Fibromuscular dysplasia of internal carotid arteries: Graduated internal dilatation using arterial Fogarty catheter. New York State Journal of Medicine 76(6):972, 1976.
3) Raza ST, Vidne B, Farrell EJ, Lajos TZ, Siegel JH. Early and long-term effects of direct myocardial revascularization: A prospective study using multivariable physiologic analysis. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 23(2):99, 1977.
4) Cerra FB, Raza ST, Andres GA, Siegel JH. The endothelial damage of pulsatile renal preservation: Its relationship to perfusion pressure and colloid osmotic pressure. Surgery 81(5):534, 1977.
5) Siegel JH, Raza ST, Vidne B, Lajos TZ, Lee AB, Schimert G, Farrell EJ. The use of multivariable data analysis in the delineation of normal and abnormal recovery trajectories after coronary artery bypass surgery. Cardiovascular System Dynamics. Baan, Noordergraff, and Raines (Eds.), Boston, The MIT Press, 1978.
6) Raza ST, Levinsky L, Lajos TZ. Transtracheal intubation: A useful adjunct in cardiac surgical anesthesia. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 76(5):721, 1978.
7) Levinsky L, Arani DT, Raza ST, Kohn R, Schimert G. Dacron patch enlargement of anterior wall of left ventricle after aneurysmectomy with concomitant infarctectomy. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 77(5):753, 1979.
8) Raza ST. Published discussion: “Subxyphoid pericardial window for malignant pericardial effusion” by JR Hankins, JR Satterfield, J Aniser, et al. 16th Annual Meeting of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 30(5):465, 1980.
9) Venditti J Jr., Lajos TZ, Raza ST, Lewin AN, Bhayana JN, Lee AB, Kohn R. Fifteen year experience with atrial electrodes and pacing. Cardiac Pacing: Proceedings of the VIIth World Symposium on Cardiac Pacing, 401-408. (Ed.) K. Steinbach-Darmstadt: Steinkopff, 1983.
10) Raza ST, Lajos TZ, Bhayana JN, Lee AB, Lewin AN, Gehring B, Puzio N, Schimert G. Influence of length of aortic occlusion with cold potassium cardioplegia on early and late mortality in cardiac valve replacement. American Journal of Cardiology 53(1):182, 1984.
11) Raza ST, Lajos TZ, Bhayana JN, Lee AB, Lewin AN, Gehring B, Schimert G. Improved cardiovascular hemodynamics with atrioventricular sequential (DVI) pacing compared to ventricular demand (VVI) pacing. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 38(3):260, September 1984.
12) Boal BH, Escher DJW, Furman S, Hauser R, Maloney J, Parsonnet V, Raza ST, Tomatis L, Kruse IB (by invitation), with major contributions by Burstein AD, Flink R, Greatbatch W, Rahmoeller G. Special Report: Report on the Policy Conference on Pacemaker Reuse. Sponsored by the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Journal of The American College of Cardiology 5(3):808-810, March 1985.
13) Ashraf H, Joyce L, Raza ST, Satchindanand S, Schimert G. Clinical advantages of papaverine cardioplegia. Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeon 2(33):71-75, 1985.
14) Boal BH, Escher DJ, Furman S, Hauser R, Maloney J, Parsonnet V, Raza ST, Tomatis L, Kruse I. Report of the policy conference on pacemaker reuse sponsored by the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Pace – Pacing & Clinical Electrophysiology 8(2):161-163, 1985.
15) Raza ST, Tam SKC, Sun SC, Hill SM, Lachman P, Laurence R, Berkovits B, Shemin RJ, Cohn LH. Pacing techniques in heterotopic heart transplantation: A comparison of sequential paced rhythm versus synchronous pacing. Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology. Eds., B. Belhassen, S. Feldman, Y. Cooperman. R&L Creative Communications, Ltd., Tel Aviv, 503-507, 1987.
16) Raza ST, Tam S, Sun SC, Bloom P, Laurence R, Cohn L. Superoxide dismutase and catalase enhances recovery of isolated rat hearts after two hours of global ischemia and reperfusion. Surgical Forum, Vol. XXXVIII, October 1987.
17) Sun SC, Tam S, Hill S, Raza ST, Laurence R, Shemin R, Cohn LH. Effects of antegrade cardioplegia with controlled partial coronary sinus occlusion on preservation of regionally ischemic myocardium after acute. Surgical Forum, Vol. XXXVIII, October 1987.
18) Shasatri KA, Phillips MJ, Raza ST, Logue GL, Rustagi PK. Effect of red blood cells on the activation of human completion by heparin-protamine complexes. Blood 71(1):36-40, January 1988.
19) Sun SC, Raza ST, Tam SK, Laurence R, Cohn LH. Effects of antegrade cardioplegic infusion with simultaneously controlled coronary sinus occlusion on preservation of regionally ischemic myocardium after acute coronary artery occlusion and reperfusion. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 96(4):626-633, October 1988.
20) Raza ST, Tam SK, Sun SC, Laurence R, Berkovitz B, Shemin R, Cohn LH. Sequentially paced heterotopic heart transplant in the left chest provides improved circulatory support for the failed left ventricle: A potential bridge to orthotopic transplantation. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 98(20):266-274, August 1989.
21) Canver CC, Adler RH, Schimert G, Lajos TZ, Bhayana JN, Raza ST, Lewin AN, Bergsland J, Mentzer RM Jr. Concomitant pulmonary and cardiac operations. Chest 96(2):1285, 1989.
22) Canver CC, Bhayana JN, Lajos TZ, Raza ST, Lewin AN, Bergsland J, Mentzer RM Jr. Pulmonary resection combined with cardiac operations. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 50:796-799, 1990.
23) Bhayana JN, Booth FVMcL, Lajos TZ, Raza ST, Bergsland J, Lewin AN, Canver CC, Mentzer RM Jr. Maximizing myocardial protection using retrograde coronary sinus cardioplegia. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 22:253, 1990.
24) Shastri KA, Logue GL, Stern MP, Raza ST. Complement activation by heparin-protamine complexes in cardiac surgery: Clinical significance and correlation with in-vitro testing. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 1993.
25) Bhayana JN, Bergsland J, Graham SP, Raza ST, Schwartz JS, Shubert MA, Posluszny MC. Retrograde blood cardioplegia for myocardial preservation during heart transplantation. In: Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Thoracic Organ Transplantation, MM Korner, H Posival, R Korfer, Eds. International Congress Series, Excerpta Medica, Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam #1049:33-38, 1994.
26) Shastri KA, Logue GL, Raza ST, Stern MP, Bovill J, Hoover EL. Neutrophil lactoferrin release during open heart surgery is unrelated to complement activation. ASAIO Journal 40(1):56-61, 2994.
27) Lajos TZ, Graham SP, Guntupalli M, Raza ST, Hasnain S. Comparison of long-term patency of horseshoe saphenous vein grafts with valves and without valves. European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vol. 10, No. 10, P. 846-851, October 1996.
28) Spotnitz HM, Herre JM, and Surgical Investigators of The CABG Patch Trial. Surgical aspect of a randomized trial of defibrillator implantation during coronary artery bypass surgery. The CABG Patch Trial. Circulation 94:9, II-248, 1996.
29) Shastri KA, Stern MP, Logue GL, Rehman S, Raza ST. Complement activation by heparin-protamine complexes during cardiopulmonary bypass: Effect of C4A null alleles. Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery 114:3, 482-488, 1997.
30) Lajos TZ, Graham SP, Raza ST, Guntupalli M, Hasnain S. The variations of different venous conduits and internal mammary artery grafts influencing patients’ long-term survival following coronary artery bypass operation. Submitted to Circulation 1996.
31) Raza ST. Maze procedure provides option for atrial fibrillation. Published in The Heart Network, a publication of Buffalo General Health System, Volume 2 (#2), Spring 1997.
32) Spotnitz HM, Herre JM, Raza ST, and CABG Patch Trial Investigators. Effect of ICD implantation on surgical morbidity in the CABG patch trial. Circulation, 1997.
33) Curtis AB, Cannom DS, Bigger JT, and CABG Patch Trial Investigators. Baseline characteristics of patients in the coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) patch trial. American Heart Journal 134(5):Part 2, p. 787-798, November 1997.
34) Bigger JT and CABG Patch Trial Investigators. Prophylactic use of implanted cardiac defibrillators in patients at high risk for ventricular arrhythmias after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 337 (22):1569-1575, November 1997.
35) Cook JR, Flack JE, Gregory CA, and CABG Patch Trial Investigators. Influence of the preoperative signal-averaged electrocardiogram on left ventricular function after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with left ventricular dysfunction. American Journal of Cardiology, March 1998.
36) Raza ST, Salerno TA. Surgical techniques for warm blood cardioplegia. Book chapter in book entitled “Ischemia-reperfusion injury in cardiac surgery.” RG Landes Company, Biomedical Publishers, Austin, USA, February 1998.
37) Lajos TZ, Akhter M, Bergsland J, Grosner G, Lewin AN, Salerno TA, Raza ST, Levinsky L, Bhayana JN, Karamanoukian H, Hasnain S. Limited access left thoracotomy for reoperative coronary artery disease: On or off pump. Journal of Cardiac Surgery, 15(4):291-295, July-August 2000.
38) Raza ST, Bhayana JN, Grosner G, Lewin AN, Lajos TZ, Raza A, Hasnain S. When should MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation be combined with mitral valve surgery? Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
39) Lajos TZ, Akhter M, Bergsland J, Raza ST. Interval results with right gastroepiploic bypass. Heart Surgery Forum 6(6), 2003.
40) Zhou Z, Raza ST, Bhayana JN, Rizvi I, Suresh A. Stroke after aortic surgery: History of COPD is a significant independent risk factor. Chest 2005.
41) Raza, Syed T. A circular surgical stapler designed to anastomose aorta and Dacron tube graft: Validation of the concept and comparison to hand-sewn anastomosis in bench experiments. Aorta Vol 1; Issue 1; Page 1. (To be published, June 2013).
1) Farolino D, Raza ST, Barren E, Bartfay-Szabo A, Pickern JW, Ambrus CM. The fibrinolysin and clotting system in endotoxin shock and oleic acid induced lung injury in dogs. Blood 60(5), Suppl. 1, p. 211, 1982.
2) Raza ST, Lajos TZ, Bhayana JN, Lee AB, Lewin AN, Gehring B, Schimert G. Optimizing the advantages of A-V sequential pacing with afterload reduction therapy in patients with low cardiac output. Journal of Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 5(2):302, 1982.
3) Raza ST, Lajos TZ, Bhayana JN, Lee AB, Lewin AN, Gehring B, Puzio NA, Schimert G. Influence of the lengt