In order to have the best possible health after transplant surgery, you will need to have a good understanding of the care you will require. The following pages will help you and your family to learn what to expect regarding follow-up visits, medications, and other lifestyle issues after receiving your transplant.
- Four Steps to Successful Transplantation
- Pre-Transplant Evaluation
- Waiting for Transplantation
- Lung Transplant Surgery
- Post-Transplant Recovery
- Life After Transplantation
- Follow-Up Care
- Exercise Program
- Staying in Touch with Your Transplant Team
- Immunosuppression and Organ Rejection
- Post-Transplant Medications
- Nutritional Management After Transplantation
- Support Services
Podcast: The Path Forward with Cystic Fibrosis
The Path Forward is hosted by Jerry Cahill and explores the many aspects of lung transplant, cystic fibrosis care, and surgical treatment with thoracic experts.
- A lung transplant surgeon’s advice for double lung transplant patients: Dr. Joshua Sonett, sits down to talk about the latest in lung transplant care and offers advice to patients on working with the transplant team.
- You got the call for transplant, now what happens?: Dr. D’Ovidio and Dr. Arcasoy discuss what happens once a patient receives the official phone call for his or her transplant.
- Understand ex-vivo lung transplant: Dr. Frank D’Ovidio explains exactly what ex vivo lung perfusion is and what its end goals are.
- Why is immunology research important in the world of organ transplants?: Dr. Megan Sykes reviews how researchers explore ways of influencing the immune system to prevent transplant rejection and infection.
- An inside look at being a lung transplant coordinator: Physician assistant Maggie Carroll, sat down to discuss her role as a Physician Assistant in the Lung Transplant Program.
- The future of lung transplant Dr. Joshua Sonett talks about the latest in lung transplant care and how that helps patients.