As a major academic facility, we stand at the forefront of medical care, patient services, and health research. We offer an extensive list of programs and services to prevent breast cancer, treat breast disease in all its forms, and help aid your recovery.
We are proud to be recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for the high-quality care we deliver. Learn more about the benefits of being treated at an NAPCB center.
Specialized Clinical Programs & Services
In addition to mastectomies, lumpectomies, and other standard treatment options for breast cancer and non-cancerous breast disease, we provide a range of minimally invasive and non-surgical programs to bring you the highest quality breast care. These include the following:
- Genetic Counseling: We offer genetic counseling and testing for BRCA1, BRCA2 and other cancer genes which predispose women to breast and ovarian cancers.
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) for Breast Cancer: Our team works hand-in-hand with oncologists and radiologists to target radiation treatments at the tumor and minimize radiation exposure to healthy tissue during surgery.
- Ablation Therapy for Breast Cancer: This minimally invasive procedure uses lasers to precisely destroy early-stage breast cancer, reducing the need for a second procedure without affecting the look or feel of your breast.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: Using the latest surgical techniques, our surgeons specialize in procedures like nipple-sparing mastectomies that minimize scarring and decrease time spent in the hospital.
- Patient Navigators: Our patient navigators meet with you shortly after a diagnosis to help guide you through every step of your treatment and recovery. They can help with a variety of services, such as pre- and post-operative instructions, insurance questions, and more.
- Breast Cancer Support Groups: These groups are free and open to the public. They are available in both English and Spanish.
To learn more about our clinical services or make an appointment, call (212) 305-9676 or fill out our online request form.
Research & Clinical Trials
We believe clinical trials are vital to the advancement of modern breast care. By pairing scientists and patients, we can improve treatments for individuals and discover a medical breakthroughs for the general population.
- Learn more about Columbia’s ongoing clinical trials.
Programs for Students & Healthcare Professionals
As a major academic institute, we are committed to educating the next generation of medical professionals and ensuring the current generation stays up to date on the leading best practices.
- Breast Surgery Fellowship Program: This comprehensive fellowship trains future leaders in the field of breast surgery by providing them with an in-depth exposure to all aspects of breast care.
- Breast Surgery CME Events: Continuing medical education at Columbia includes courses, webinars, live events, and much more.
Partner Programs & Services
Our program is proud to be a part of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC) of Columbia University, one of only a small number of centers in the US to be officially designated as comprehensive by the National Cancer Institute. HICCC researchers and physicians are dedicated to understanding the biology of cancer and to applying that knowledge to the design of cancer therapies and prevention strategies. Their goal is to reduce the incidence and progression of cancer, and improve the quality of the lives of those affected by cancer.